Ethnic identity and inequalities in Britain: The dynamics of diversity
Publication date: 13 May 2015, Policy Press
This is the companion website to Ethnic identity and inequalities in Britain: The dynamics of diversity. It provides additional resources, including the data used in every chapter and a series of profilers where you can quickly find statistics on ethnicity and related themes for your local district or region.
Ethnic identity and inequalities in Britain provides a comprehensive perspective of the dynamics of ethnic diversity from a series of experts associated with the Centre on Dynamics of Ethnicity. It presents easy to interpret chapters that challenge misconceptions associated with greater ethnic diversity, including increased segregation, exclusive growth of minority groups through immigration and a national identity crisis. The contributions highlight persistent inequalities in access to housing, employment, education and good health faced by some ethnic groups. The book is essential reading for policy and research groups interested in ethnicity in Britain.
- Chapter 2 – How has ethnic diversity grown?
- Chapter 3 – Why has ethnic diversity grown?
- Chapter 4 – Does Britain have plural cities?
- Chapter 5 – Who feels British?
- Chapter 6 – Do people change their ethnicity over time?
- Chapter 7 – In what ways is Scotland’s ethnic diversity distinctive?
- Chapter 8 – Has neighbourhood ethnic residential segregation decreased?
- Chapter 9 – Which ethnic groups have the poorest health?
- Chapter 10 – Which ethnic groups are hardest hit by the housing crisis?
- Chapter 11 – Have ethnic inequalities in the labour market persisted?
- Chapter 12 – Is there an ethnic group educational gap?
- Chapter 13 - How likely are ethnic minorities to live in deprived neighbourhoods?
- England and Wales local authority district cartogram key (PDF file)
- 2011 Census form – England
- 2001 Census form – England
- 1991 Census form – England
- 2011 Census form – Northern Ireland
- 2001 Census form – Northern Ireland
- 2011 Census form – Scotland
- 2001 Census form – Scotland
- 1991 Census form – Scotland
- 2011 Census form - Wales
- 2001 Census form - Wales
- 1991 Census form - Wales