Founded in 2013, the Centre on the Dynamics of Ethnicity (CoDE) is the UK’s leading centre of research into ethnic, racial and religious inequalities.
Our research has five themes:
- mapping inequality
- economic inequalities
- culture, politics and activism
- health, mental health and ageing.
Our researchers are based at universities across England and Scotland, bringing expertise from subjects including sociology, demography, economics, history, geography, political science, cultural studies, epidemiology and public health.
We work closely with partner organisations in the voluntary and community sector, local and national government, education sector and policymakers to share our research with a wide range of audiences.
Our university partners
- The University of Manchester (project lead)
- The University of St Andrews
- King’s College, London
- London School of Economics
- University College, London
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- The University of Edinburgh
- The University of Glasgow
- The University of Leeds
- The University of Essex
Find out about the researchers, affiliates and PhD students that make up our interdisciplinary team.
Latest news and updates from CoDE.