Our research investigates racial, religious and ethnic inequalities.
Our current projects have a focus on the crisis posed by COVID-19 and its social, cultural and economic impact on racial, ethnic and religious minorities.
- Evidence for Equality National Survey (EVENS)
- Accumulation of disadvantage across the life course: how are older ethnic minority adults affected by the pandemic?
- Young people transitioning into education and employment
- Entrepreneurship and the high street
- Ethnicity and the gig economy
- Diversity in creative and cultural industries
- Decolonising History: Curriculum reform and teacher training
- The changing shape of cultural activism: statues of empire and slavery
- Exploring the policing of minoritised people and communities